Saturday, February 22, 2014

Completed Challenge # 3: Literary Inspiration

Hi guys! Thanks for all the awesome book submissions. I'm sorry I'm putting this out a day late, but I was up in Portland yesterday and didn't have time to do it. I love seeing the range of books here, from early reader books to novels like Harry Potter. I like that some of you used actual sets while others made their own creation. Great work, everybody! I will post the next challenge soon.
Please leave comments for each other!



My Lego creation is from the  Harry Potter series. The author is J.K.Rowling. This is my model of the Hogwarts castle.  It has moving stairs and spinning doors.

Joshua
(Wow, Joshua! I haven't read the Harry Potter books but I've done some research and know something about them. I can recognize the tower pieces from the actual set, and I like that you have torches on them.)


 Another view of Joshua's model


Book: The Neverending Story 
By: Ralph Manheim
Atreyu and Artax entering the Swamps of Sadness.....
I didn't really like this part of the story because Artax sinks into the swamps and dies but I picked it because it reminds me not to give up, no matter how sad I feel. Benjamin Silebi- age 8

(Way to go, Benjamin! I have not read The Neverending Story but I will look for it at the library. Is Atreyu the horse or the boy? The Swamps of Sadness is an appropriate name.) 




Benjamin with the Swamps of Sadness.


 This is my creation from Star Wars the Clone Wars, The Mandalore  Plot, by
John Lindberg.  The Mandalorian Star Fighters wings fold into flying position and the landing gear comes up.


Digory emerged from the pool in the wood between the worlds. Polly is waiting!
By Diego, Age 5.

(Wow, Diego! I really love how you gave them each the yellow and the green rings. I hope Jadis doesn't catch Polly! I'm sorry we couldn't figure out how to post your movie but we really liked it! You did a great job and I'm glad that app!) 


 This is a scene from the Hardy Boys book "The Cactus Thieves" by Franklin W. Dixon. The maniac with the gun happens to be the park owner who's trying to keep the wildlife from being ruined. But he wasn't getting paid much so he decided to steal and sell cactuses. He tried to get the Hardy Brothers away from the investigation by framing someone else. The dude on the slippery sidewalk is something I added on. (I didn't have tan pieces for the desert, so I used snow.)
                                                               ----Adam, 10

(Wow, Adam! That is a great re-creation of The Cactus Theives! I've read the book and I think snow might actually be cooler. It could be a rare breed of cactus that only grows in the snow and is worth a whole lot of money!) 


This is a ship from treasure island the author is Robert Louis Stevenson. It is when the good guys still owned the ship. I am Elisha and I am 13
(That is so cool, Elisha! It almost looks like a stone castle that's floating. I guess that would be really strong, a floating stone castle! I like how you made the jolly boat in tow!) 


 This is my creation from my favorite book, the race for chi.
It is from lego Chima. I like Chima a lot, so I built something from it.
My name is Ryland, and I am nine.
(That is so cool, Ryland! I loved how you only used sets. It makes it look super cool. I didn't know you had Cragger; did you just get him?)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please take a moment to tell us what you think!